Our Gastronomic Walking Tour revolves around our environmentally friendly ethos and the Iberian pig.
You will start your stay at La Posada de San Marcos for 2 nights where you can enjoy the tranquil ambience, terraces, gardens and pool. As you will be staying in accommodation off the beaten track then this trip is full board and you can enjoy a delicious home cooked traditional meal on both evenings.
- On day 2 you will have a choice of circular walks of varying lengths and difficulty.
- Night 3 and 4 are at a certified organic Iberian Pig farm. We will transfer you to Almonaster, a short drive away, to begin your walk to the farm. Again a delicious home cooked meal awaits you in one of the houses on the farm. The next day (4) you have a guided tour of the pig farm where one of us will translate for you so you get a good understanding of how the pigs are reared. The tour finishes with a gastronomic lunch of Iberian cured ham, sausages and home made goats cheese straight from the farm, accompanied by organic wine after which you’ll probably be ready for a siesta!
- Night 5 and 6 is at a small lodge which is a complete eco-build from materials used to renovate the original farmhouse to an environmentally responsible and resource efficient project. Home grown organic vegetables will be part of your meals here. There is a choice of circular walks around the farm land and villages for day 6.
- On night 7 you return to Alájar via the Peña – the rocky outcrop that dominates the village.
Price for 8 day/ 7 night tour
840€ per person based on 2 people sharing ensuite facilities at La Posada de San Marcos. Discount available for 3 or 4 people.
- Transfer to and from Sevilla airport, 7 nights full board (Breakfast, picnics and dinners) meet and greet session to run through the week ahead over a glass of wine
- Written walking notes and corresponding map
- Luggage transfer to all accommodation
- Taxi transfer to Almonaster
- Guided and translated tour at organic farm
- Gourmet lunch at organic farm with wine
We are also able to accommodate groups and would be delighted to discuss ideas with you if you belong to a walking club and would like to organise a holiday from 8 to 32 people.
Tailor-made for you
We are aware that many people would like to travel in a small family group or group of friends. Why not combine a few days of walking with some historical interest or gatronomical delights? The province of Huelva offers a wide range of historical sites from the Paleolithic period onward, encompassing Roman, Arabian and Medieval periods, not to mention the Christopher Colombus trail. Boasting the atlantic coastline and the western – most tip of the Sierra Morena, the mountainous belt which forms a natural divide between Spain’s central Meseta and the Guadalquivir valley to the South, Huelva‘s gastronomy is deliciously varied. Atlantic fish and shell fish, the black Iberian pig famous for its air-cured hams and also providing some of the tastiest pork you’ll ever try and a white wine producing area. You could say Huelva has it all!
Prices on request.