Life is slow in the Sierra de Aracena. It takes 4 – 5 years before you can taste the Iberian Ham. You need 9 years to let the cork grow back on the cork oaks and harvest it. Spend a slow week with us at La Posada San Marcos and discover what our slow life is all about in a seriously off the beaten track area of Andalusia
• Learn how to carve and taste the Iberian Ham accompanied by 3 different types of sherry. A perfect match
• Learn how goats cheese is made on a farm and take “home” what you make
• Visit an organic Iberian Pig farm and enjoy a gourmet lunch with the owners
• Visit the most south-eastern vineyard in Spain and enjoy tasting the wines produced there amongst the vines
• Visit a traditional delicatessen where chestnuts are converted into marron glacé and chocolate delicacies and learn how to make a traditional Spanish cake
• Visit amazing caves which are celebrating their centenary in 2014
• Visit the oldest rural mosque in Spain
• Walk along ancient cobbled paths taking you back in time
• Explore the mountain villages of this fascinating Natural Park
• Self Guided Walks to suit all levels
• Immerse yourself in real Spanish culture and get the feel as to why so many English people have decided to integrate into this lifestyle.
Duration: 7 nights / 8 days. Check in on day 1 after 12 noon and flexible check out on day 8
Cost: €875 per person based on 2 people sharing. Discounts available for 3 or 4 people.
No Individual supplement for 3rd person joining a party.
Free Transfer from Seville for groups of 5 – 8.
Not available for solo travellers unless they join an existing group where there would be no supplement
Transfer from Seville airport 125€ each way
Dates: All year round